The goals of Reality U are
- Teach teens that their performance in school today can affect their future.
- Provide students with the opportunity to learn and practice personal finance skills.
- Mobilize the community to become involved stakeholders in education, particularly financial literacy education in their local schools.
Meet several National Standards for Financial Literacy:
- Student will use rational decision-making and planning to set and implement financial goals
- Students will understand sources of income and the relationship between income and career preparation
- Students will understand principles of money management
- Students will understand credit uses and costs.